More accurate data means more reliable revenue
What is AML-METERING?
Metering involves flow measurements, correction to standard conditions, flow/energy integration, and data transfer to the office domain for data storage and reporting. Further included may be functioned for meter-proving and calibration. Depending on the situation, the AML Metering system may be fully integrated with AML AMADAS and/or with AML Loading.
Metering requirements are subdivided as follows:
Class 1: Fiscal metering and sales
Class 2: Out of concession/ sales allocation
Class 3: Product allocations
Class 4: Environmental emissions.
For Class 1 fiscal metering, the system uses custody transfer approved flow computers. For all other classes and Class 1 backup, the heart of the metering function is a PC-based Flow Computer (PFC). The PFC consists of the flow calculation modules for the type of meter used by the application. Flow metering is performed using function blocks, each handling its pre-determined calculation, based on international standards (ISO, AGA).
When do you need an AML-METERING?
- Data availability to everybody in the value-chain reduces hierarchy and improves decision effectiveness, accuracy, and speed
- Real-time cost- and efficiency-calculations
- Data for activity-based costing
- Continuous improvement of process yield, throughput, and efficiency
- Improved quality control: real-time and historical analysis correlation of improved process operation with lab analysis
- Improved quality control: process-and plant-analysis: better startup and shutdown procedures
- Better availability of units and parts
- Reduce influents of malfunctioning of process pre-stages
- Discover influence of changing raw material quality and specifications
- Level-out differences in shift operation procedures
- Continuous improvement of maintenance procedures (condition-based maintenance)
- Data-links to :
1. Equipment suppliers reduce maintenance cost and necessity of in-house experts (i.e., turbine,
rotating equipment) reduce equipment downtime and improve design quality for replacements
2. Customers for in-quality test procedures reduces administrative labor on both sides and
increases company image, customer’s confidence in products, and reshuffles responsibilities
3. Material suppliers to reduce good-inwards inspection
4. Forwarders to smoothen logistics
5. AML Metering and Allocation Map delivers a client/server infrastructure which makes the user