Predictive Emission Monitoring Systems
What is Predicitive Emission Monitoring Systems (AML-PEMS)
Predictive Emission Monitoring System (PEMS) is an alternative approach to Continuous Emission Monitoring System (CEMS). Both systems are solutions mandated by environmental agencies to meet air quality permit requirements such as MCERTS, TV, and US EPE Part 60 & 75. PEMS is a software-based solution able to deliver reliable real-time emission estimations based on historical and process data, exploiting advanced mathematical or statistical models, which use process parameters (e.g., pressure, temperatures, flow, etc.). as input variables to estimate the most common air pollutant emissions (NOx, SO2, CO, CO2, etc.).
Predictive Emission Monitoring System (PEMS) provides accurate emission monitoring, reducing the capital investment and ongoing operating costs due to maintenance activities and spare parts, minimizing the interferences with plant operations. AML-PEMS allows operators and plant owners better control on costs, neglecting unexpected expenses due to unpredicted issues in the conventional hardware analyzers.
- ASTM D3764 Standards for System Validation
- ASTM D6299 Standards for Statistical Quality Control (SQC) evaluation.
Improving reliability, performance, and safety are among the top priorities for organizations and businesses today. Technicians, engineers, operators, and managers face increasing complexity in their systems and constant pressure to reduce maintenance costs. It would help if you had better visibility of the condition of your process equipment, proven track record to avoid costly unscheduled maintenance and minimize downtime. We help you to realize the desired lower Total Cost of Ownership (TCO).
Why should you select AML-PEMS?
AML-PEMS technology provides several inherent advantages compared with traditional hardware-based analyzers. The AML-PEMS solution is very cost-effective both in terms of initial investment and lifecycle costs. Depending on the application, local regulation, and site constraints, it can be used as a conventional hardware backup analyzer and the only emission monitoring system.
More and more complex large projects will include traditional CEMS side-by-side with PEMS for selected units. One of the main interests of plant operators is to increase the availability of their Environmental Monitoring System (EMS). With the adoption of AML-PEMS as a backup of a traditional hardware analyzer, EMS uptime can be increased up to 99.5%.
Enable Improvement With AML-PEMS
Unique Features of AML-PEMS
- Lower system capital cost
- It can be configured, delivered, and installed in a short period
- Maintenance and service is minimal
- Requires no on-site spare parts or consumable spare parts
- It can be used to determine the source of excess emissions
- It can display emission process and combustion efficiency outputs
- It has a higher data availability which should usually approach 100%
- No ongoing preventative maintenance requirement as do AML-CEMS
- Requires no air source
- Requires no dual-range analyzers
- Requires no on-site emergency service
- Requires no EPA protocol calibration gases, piping, wiring, gas regulators, or software to operate the auto-calibration sequence.